Friday, 30 December 2011

Christmas Cushions: Part 1

Hope you had a delicious Christmas filled with yummy food, snoozing in front of festive telly, and mistletoe kisses? Ours has been lovely and hectic and very very special.

I've been getting my stitch on this past few weeks making some homemade gifts for family Christmas presents. I can now share my Christmas craft output with you since they've been unwrapped. First up, my sister asked Father Christmas to bring her cushions for their newly decorated living room.
I teamed this Kokka Cossack Girls printed linen (which I love love love) with a bright strip of pink lace & zip, backed in a grey linen striped fabric which was once a skirt which got ripped so was ripe for a spot of upcycling.

I only had one small strip of this turquoise fairground fabric (also Kokka I think) so I had to be creative with how I used it. So I chopped it in half - saving myself one small strip for the future - and teamed it up with mint green vintage stripes, two strips of peach ribbon and a peach zip.

My sister was mighty pleased with her Christmas cushions.

2 comments:

  1. Stunning! I love that Kokka balloons one, I've been eyeing that fabric off a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You NEED to start selling these! We LOVE ours :) xxx

    ReplyDelete