Tuesday, 29 November 2011

A Belated Wedding Quilt

Two summers ago, I was honoured to assist my brother-in-law and his then wife-to-be with the preparations and set up of their homemade wedding. It was my intention to use all the lovely fabrics which I'd sewn up as table runners and bunting to make a quilt for them as a wedding present, but with one thing and another, I've been extremely slow on getting round to finishing it.
I'd had the patchwork layer finished for ages but finding the time and space to baste and bind the quilt was another matter. Knowing we had our fellow Mr & Mrs Biddle coming to stay this weekend for Baby B's christening, I was determined to get the quilt finished. So my Mr B took the wee fella out for a couple of hours so I could clear away his toys, spread the layers across the living room floor, and sew like a woman possessed. Here's how it turned out.

No comments:

Post a Comment