Friday, 19 August 2011

Where the Wild Thyme Blows

There was A Midsummer Nights Dream theme to the recent wedding of my friends Mr & Mrs Davies, and their invites featured a beautiful illustration of a fairy inhabited tree. And indeed, at their wedding, right in the middle of the dance floor sat a real tree covered in numerous strings of fairy lights which twinkled away as the revellers danced late into the night.

I couldn't go to this pretty English Country wedding as Baby Biddle was only six days old, but inspired by the illustrations and wording on their invites, I made them an embroidery whilst I whiled away the hours awaiting baby.


I dabbled with some new embroidery stitches for this piece to create the leaves. Also, I stupidly hadn't planned what frame it was going to go into so found that it was the wrong size for high street frames. But then I found a company called Pic Frames which will make and send you bespoke frames via the post so I ordered one the perfect size to complete the piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment