Wednesday, 17 August 2011

The Cookie Crumbles

I love to bake but I'm more of a cake than a biscuit baker. I seem to get cake and cake gets me, whereas my biscuits often turn out too hard and tasting of flour. But when I saw my food hero Nigel Slater making chewy chocolate cookies on his show Simple Suppers a while back, I knew I'd have to have a go. I thought, If there's any one I can trust to help me perfect biscuits, it's got to be Nige. And yippee I was right.
I used this recipe, although I didn't have any hazelnuts, so I substituted the 50g of them with 25g of ground almonds and it did the trick - I'm not into nutty biscuits so didn't miss the coarse hazelnuts. The cookies turned out like a biscuit version of brownies - crisp on the outside with a chewy, gooey centre. And dead easy to make. I'll definitely be making these again. Thanks Mr Slater.

No comments:

Post a Comment