Friday, 1 July 2011

Worcester Wedding

Last weekend, the Biddle family made our first big post-baby trip to a friend's wedding in Worcestershire. The sun shone down on the ceremony which was held in a pretty, rustic marquee next to an olde English village hall. It was a ceremony filled with so much love and joy, and beautifully combined all the many aspects of the couples lives and heritage.

Our friend, the bride - the new Mrs Kabia - looked absolutely stunning in a strapless dress of red fabric with an african print, complemented by gold embellishments and jewellery, and dainty cream roses in her hair. Although she was almost upstaged by the incredible father-of-the-bride outfit ... see below! What a pair of bobby dazzlers.


I was given some lovely vintage 70s African print fabric earlier this year by my friend Mrs de Korte, and I'd been saving it to make a couple of cushions as gifts for the newly weds. And I was very chuffed with myself that I managed to run them up during one of Biddle Junior's afternoon naps last week. My first bit of post-partum crafting, and it felt so good to be at the sewing machine again. Here's how they turned out.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my, those cushions are wonderful. I have a few metres of beautiful African fabric that I bought when on holiday in Tanzania and this has really inspired me to use it. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete