Thursday, 19 May 2011

Viewfinder Cushions

When we were little, my sister and I had a viewfinder. It was made from red plastic and you inserted circular discs into it which contained tiny pictures of subjects like Postman Pat (who I wanted to marry age 3) printed onto acetate. When seen through the viewfinder, the pictures sprung to life in amazing 3D, and you clicked a little black button at the side to move the picture on. It looked just like this ...

Image from here
So imagine my surprise and delight when I was browsing through the fabrics in The Makery Emporium  and found this printed linen by Kokka featuring viewfinder discs.


So I made two cushions from the half metre I bought as house warming gifts. One for my sister, of course ...

And one for my dear friend Miss Phillips, as she's a very dusky pink/purple kind of a gal so I thought the colours would make her smile ...

1 comment:

  1. Hello! I just popped over from my blog to yours. Thank you for your sweet comments. Yup, I am in love with this fabric too, and perfect for cushions. x

    ReplyDelete