Saturday, 7 May 2011

Mollie Makes is here - Woo Hoo!

This morning, sat in bed having a lazy morning drinking coffee next to the man of dreams, I heard something weighty drop through the letterbox. I popped downstairs and to my utter delight, it was the first ever edition of Mollie Makes magazine.


My sister, who knows me so well, bought me a subscription for the year for my birthday last month, and since then, I've been eagerly awaiting its arrival. And I wasn't disappointed. Just reading the opening manifesto made me tingle - it's like a summary of the inside of my head ...


The whole magazine is an ode to everything vintage and handmade; to rooting out treasures, to exquisite fabrics and notions, to making things with your own two hands, and to whiling away the hours reading blogs. I was also really impressed with the design and lay out of the magazine. I know it's created and published right here in Bath but it has an international quality which I think will ensure its success further afield.

My favourite features were the Fabric Egg tutorial ...


... getting to peek into vintage inspired homes and studios around the world ...


... and a fantastic suggestion of what to do with all those tiny scraps and offcuts of fabric which one inevitably ends up with after crafting bigger things.


For all you crafty, vintage-inspired folk out there, I really can't recommend this magazine highly enough. It's like us in print form! Enjoy, and I can't wait for Issue 2 which is out on June 9th.

No comments:

Post a Comment