Tuesday, 3 May 2011

Friends in Sunshine & Shade

My best friend, Miss Lawton, joined me in the 30 club last week, and as she has a huge appreciation for vintage and needlecraft, I bought and made appropriate gifts.

Having made my first proper attempt at embroidery recently, I have caught the bug and I created two pieces for the birthday girl. The smaller one, featuring two birds and the phrase "We have been friends together in sunshine and shade", was the image on the 30th birthday card given to me earlier last month by Miss Lawton.


The larger piece was inspired by a quote I saw on a piece of art at a craft fair, which I visited with Miss Lawton at Christmas in Spitalfields. It sums her up perfectly.


To complete Miss Lawton's present, I found this pristine cutlery set in an charity shop in Todmorden. This is for the girl who is a supreme cook, yet has survived with the same set of rubbish plastic handled knives and forks for years! 

No comments:

Post a Comment