Wednesday, 11 May 2011

Embroidery Experiments

My keenness for embroidering has stepped up a gear this week. It's been a great way to kill time in the evenings whilst Mr Biddle is working away and I'm waiting for Baby Biddle to arrive. So I've been spending the latter part of the day curled up on the sofa, needle and anchor thread in hand, watching Eastenders and re-runs of Friends, whilst having the odd braxton hicks.

As I've posted before, my sister is a very talented illustrator, and I felt sure that some of her designs would make great images for contemporary embroidery. Here are my first attempts at turning her drawings into needlecraft.

Sally has illustrated a whole alphabet of circus themed characters and I started off with her E illustration - Elephant.
Image copyright of www.sallyleach.co.uk

I also love this doodle from her sketch book featuring Little Red (or pink) Riding Hood and the Wolf.

Image copyright of www.sallyleach.co.uk

I need to get better at daintier stitching - something I think can be solved by using half the number of threads in my needle. But I definitely think there's something in using Sally's images. What do you think my dear readers? Do you think an embroidery kit featuring her designs would be a winner? Answers on a postcard.

1 comment:

  1. Wow these are amazing! What transfer method do you use, as I'm a newvie and have only been using transfer pens but they aren't agreeing with me.

    This makes me want to practise my embroidery more. You sisters drawings making perfect embroidery designs.

    ReplyDelete