Wednesday, 27 April 2011

Handmade Vinyl Peg Bag

With all this lovely weather and my nesting instinct in overdrive, I've been hanging lots of laundry out on the line to dry. Is there anything more satisfying than washing being dry in a matter of minutes having been baked in the sun, and the smell of those fresh sheets as you climb into bed that evening, with a gentle breeze coming in through an open window?

What we really needed was a good old-fashioned peg bag.


I picked up this fabulous Little Red Riding Hood vinyl fabric from The Makery Emporium. Using the peg bag tutorial from Cath Kidston's book Sew I made the bag using bright red bias binding to finish. Having never sewed with vinyl before, I was surprised at how difficult it was to get it through the machine as it kept sticking to the plastic. So I ended up sewing the binding with a piece of scrap paper underneath which I then ripped off after I was finished. 

Having made a couple of patterns from the CK book, it's definitely worth watching out for some of her measurements - they aren't always totally accurate so use your instinct and common sense too.

No comments:

Post a Comment