Friday, 15 April 2011

Birthday Illustrations

I've mentioned my talented artist sister, Sally Leach, before on my blog, but I wanted to share with you the gorgeous pieces of art work she created especially for mine and Mr B's birthdays this month.


We're lucky that our house is already covered with all kinds of bits and pieces, prints and images, that Sally has created, and these will add to the mix beautifully.


My piece is a painting of my soon-to-be motherhood. I love that Sally has made the baby boy look like his Dad, and the way the painting is on a scrap of vintage school book paper.


Mr B's illustration captures his musicianship - the boy really can pick up any musical instrument and get a decent note from it. We particularly love the cymbals strapped to the knee-caps, and the backing of vintage sheet music.

We are very lucky indeed to have such a talent in the family and have original artwork on our walls. And to top it all off, my darling sister also gave me a subscription to the soon to be published Mollie Makes craft magazine - I'm so excited about it. Officially the BEST SISTER IN THE WORLD.

1 comment:

  1. I absolutely love those pictures. Just off to have a browse at your Sis's site now....

    PS that picture of you and babe-to-be is just the sweetest!

    ReplyDelete