Tuesday, 29 March 2011

Spring Sunshine

I returned home on Sunday from my month long work trip to Lancaster, and was greeted by the Spring sunshine. I've always said that I think Bath is one of the sunniest places in Britain and whilst I know this isn't technically true, I think the buttery Bath stone buildings reflect the sunlight in a way that makes the city shine brighter than most other places. Having grown up in the rainy North, it's one of the reasons I wanted to move here.

On our way South, Mr Biddle and I stopped off at Ikea in Wednesbury for a dose of Swedish meat balls and to pick up some garden furniture and a summer duvet. I blooming love Ikea. I know for many people it is the epitome of hell but I've been going there since I was little and I love nothing more than a couple of hours mooch about.

So on my first day of maternity, Mr Biddle put up all the garden furniture whilst I relaxed in the sun with a (very small) glass of wine, and then we headed to our local garden antiques centre on the London Road to pick up some colourful plants for the garden.


We found some lovely terracotta pots lurking behind our garden shed and Mr B planted them up.


Then we displayed them in the vintage strawberry tray which we picked up for the bargain sum of £8. Don't they look pretty? We also planted some poppy, marigold and sunflower seeds in other parts of the garden ready for the summer months. It's lovely to think that by the time they flower, we'll have a little rascal to sit out in the garden with.

1 comment:

  1. Welcome back! What a lovely start to your maternity leave - the post look lovely. Enjoy the peace before your new arrival and I'm writing up a bean bag tutorial for you! x

    ReplyDelete