Friday, 11 March 2011

A Gentle Art

One of the great things about living in Bath is that lots of friends actually want to come and visit - not just to see me and Mr B, but also because Bath is such a fantastic place for a city break. So recently, my fabulous friend Miss Lawton came to stay with her adorable Mum for a spot of shopping, eating and pampering in the Spa.

The Lawton ladies are also keen crafters and Mrs Lawton brought me a copy of this gorgeous book, The Gentle Art of Quilt-Making by Jane Brocket. Isn't that a lovely description of sewing - a 'gentle art'. I couldn't agree more.


The book contains an inspiring array of 15 different quilt patterns. My favourite ones are as follows and I'm keen to try both of them out very soon, perhaps once I start my maternity leave.

No comments:

Post a Comment