Monday, 28 March 2011

An heirloom cushion

On a previous post, I shared with you some embroidery that I was given that had been created by Mr Biddle's relatives. I wanted to turn one of the most beautiful pieces into a little cushion for Mr B's cousin and here is the outcome of my efforts.


This vivid piece was on an uneven scrap of cotton so I carefully squared it up and ironed it, before sewing onto the blue polka dot background with pale blue thread. I think the blue works nicely with the embroidery, highlighting the tiny blue flowers and providing a good contrast to the beige cotton.


I used a plain piece of cream cotton for the back of the cushion, to keep it simple and leave the focus on the incredible handiwork of the front. I'm really pleased with how it turned out and I know that Cousin Biddle was chuffed with her package too.

No comments:

Post a Comment