Tuesday, 15 March 2011

April dates for your diaries

If, like me, your home is in the South West, here are some dates for your diaries of upcoming fairs, markets and fleas to get you in the vintage mood for Spring and Summer.

Artisan Market, Frome


Running from April until October, on the first Sunday of every month, this artisan market takes place on the cobbles of the brilliant, boutique filled St Catherine's Hill. I'm looking forward to attending the first one of the year on Sunday 3rd April from 10am until 2pm.

The Original Vintage and Homemade Fair 


The next one takes place at Chipping Sodbury Town Hall on Saturday 9th April from 10 until 4pm. I went to the one before Christmas and it was superb - loads of gorgeous stalls and my friend and I came away with loads of things. It's a fair full of things one actually wants to buy. My blog about the last one can be read here.

Shepton Mallet Giant Flea and Collectors Market


Images from www.sheptonflea.com
Held seven times throughout the year, this mammoth Flea Market takes place at the Royal Bath and West Showground with over 200 stalls. The next one takes place on Sunday 24th April from 9.30am until 4pm, and costs £3 per adult to enter.



If you can't make the Vintage and Handmade Fair, nip along to the Vintage Bazaar on Saturday 30th April where many of the same stallholders will be displaying their wares at the Cheese and Grain in Frome. Lasting from 9am until 3pm, it costs £1 to enter.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, it's like having my own local vintage fair guide - perfect! Thank you so much for doing the research and putting all these dates for loveliness in one place. I will definitely be making it to Chipping Sodbury and I've put all the other dates in my little red Moleskin diary.

    ReplyDelete