Sunday, 27 February 2011

A present for my man

I'm heading away up North to my homeland today for work. I'll be away for the next month and will be missing Mr Biddle like crazy. So I crafted him a little gift for him to use on his trips up to see me.


I'd bought the Kokka helicopter print linen ages ago, intending to make something for Mr B, but had never got round to it until now.


The wash bag was created using a great tutorial I found on the Flossie Teacakes Blog. It was really easy to follow with great tips to leave a professional looking finish - although it's worth taking it a little slowly at points to get the lining and zip right. I scaled up the dimensions to create a larger, more manly wash bag, which worked fine. And I didn't use any interfacing as my material was on the thick side and I wanted a more loose effect.


I'll definitely be making more of these in the future as gifts for friends. 

No comments:

Post a Comment