Friday, 25 February 2011

Marvellous Millie Moon

We really are becoming spoilt for choice down here in the South West when it comes to fab places to buy fabrics and haberdashery. Last week, I was extolling the virtues of the new Makery Emporium here in Bath, and this week I want to tell you all about the superb Millie Moon, a haberdashery boutique and sewing school in Frome (they also sell online).


The shop, which moved into bigger premises on St Catherine's Hill in order to accommodate a dedicated workshop area, is stuffed full of brightly coloured ribbons, fabrics, books and buttons. They have some really special fabrics on sale, many of which I'd only seen previously online.




On my most recent trip, I had my eye on these fantastic deck chair fabrics - I've never seen that on sale before. 



Whilst there, I picked up a pile of soft corduroy in pillar box red, powder blue and chocolate brown, which all came wrapped in spotty tissue paper. I think they'll make lovely baby dungarees.

No comments:

Post a Comment