Saturday, 19 February 2011

Cushion Frenzy: Part Two

Here is the second instalment of cushions I've been creating this week.


I bought this tree print fabric a little while ago from Fabric Rehab, although I've seen it since in the wonderful Millie Moon in Frome. I felt the pattern needed breaking up a little so I sewed on two strips of antique lace from my Great Grandmother's sewing box, and a strip of matt cream ribbon.





This cushion was inspired by the pretty handkerchief which I bought for £2 in a vintage shop. In perfect condition, with the vibrant peach edge, the handkerchief was very delicate and see-through so I backed it onto calico before machine sewing it onto the mint striped fabric I picked up in Tenerife.



I used a plain peach backing to pick up the colours of the handkerchief.

No comments:

Post a Comment