Sunday, 20 February 2011

Cushion Frenzy: Part Three

Here's the final chapter of my recent cushion creating mission.


I have been in love with this circus fabric from Cath Kidston for ages, and decided that this was the week to treat myself to a little half metre. I think it's a less obvious CK print than some of her other ones, and also unisex enough not to be too girly for Mr Biddle and the future baby boy.


I picked up some gorgeous rick rack and ribbon from Sew N Sew on Bath Market (a fab haberdashery) to break the pattern up, and backed the cushion in pale blue stripes picked up in Tenerife.


My final cushion was inspired by the antique lace coaster which belonged to Mr B's Great Grandmother. I sewed it onto more of the pale blue stripes and a panel of limited edition Liberty/V&A fabric which was a gift from my friend the Vintage Bride following a visit to the Quilts Exhibition.



No comments:

Post a Comment