Tuesday, 21 December 2010

A Baby is Born

While most of the world is gearing up to celebrate the birth of one special baby, my friends Mr and Mrs Guy have been celebrating the arrival of their new little girl. Little Miss Guy was born earlier this month in snowy Yorkshire. Her parents are delighted and I know they are going to be utterly superb at the job. She's an absolute beauty and I can't wait to meet her.


I couldn't let Little Miss Guy's arrival pass without creating a quilt so here's what I came up with. I ordered the owl fabric for her sometime ago from Fabric Rehab before I knew whether she'd be a him or her (her mum was convinced that she was in fact going to be a boy!). The yellow gingham I've had in my stash for ages, and the lilac spots came from Millie Moon in Frome.


If you haven't been to Millie Moon, or in fact to Frome, you are missing a treat. It's fab - as soon as you step off the bland high street it is choc full of vintage emporiums, organic tea shops and unique boutiques. I'll be posting on it properly in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment