Wednesday, 22 September 2010

Dreaming of Ice Cream

As the nights draw in, the days of eating ice cream in the park are sadly fading away for another year. I recently found this fabulous fabric in a little shop in Lancaster (I ate a lot of ice cream in Williamson Park in Lancaster this year!) covered in frozen confectionery and it made me think instantly of my gorgeous friend Mrs Carkeek.


Mrs Carkeek is a fellow lover of needlecraft - her particularly speciality is embroidery and applique. She's a Cornish lass and a huge lover of all things related to the sea. Her gorgeous home in Bristol is painted a serene pale blue and is dotted with pictures of her and her lovely hubby walking on beaches all over the world.


In little over a month, Baby Carkeek will be making his or her first appearance in this world and so I thought I'd create a baby quilt to match their beach hut themed nursery.

 

This quilt was made using a tutorial I found on a favourite blog of mine - Katie Did. It's really simple but hugely effective, and very quick to do. This blanket took me just one evening whilst watching the Great British Bake-Off.

No comments:

Post a Comment