Sunday, 15 August 2010

Here's two I made earlier

I'm currently working away from home in the charming city of Bath, and feeling pangs of desire to get back home to be reunited with both Mr Biddle and my treasured sewing machine. I've been going a bit fabric buying mad lately, and have spent many an evening during my time in Bath browsing online fabric shops and being inspired by other creative bloggers.

One of the things I most like to sew are dresses for my Goddaughter, Miss B. I still can't believe quite how much I love this little girl and what an honour it is to be part of her life. She's absolutely adorable - white blonde hair with big blue eyes, and incredibly smart. Her Mum, Mrs Masters, is a very stylish lady with similar vintage and homespun tastes to my own.

My current technique for making clothes for Miss B is to buy her a cheap and simple high street dress and then take a pattern from it before giving her the bought one (H&M is great for this). My first attempt was for her first birthday.


This dress was made using floral fabric I had bought years before on Durham market, and was lined with pale pink. The fastening at the back was just a simple tie with two lengths of green ribbon.


The next dress I made was from the same pattern, and was created especially for Miss B to be the flower girl at my wedding to Mr Biddle.


Our 50s style bridesmaid dresses came from Vivien of Holloway, and the lovely people there let me buy an extra metre of the same fabric in order to make a matching flower girl dress for Miss B. This dress was lined in raspberry pink cotton to match the ribbon and my shoes.

I'll be posting more of my creations for Miss B and her new baby brother Master H in due course.

No comments:

Post a Comment